Sidhu Mossewala

Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer

Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer

Brother Printer Not Connecting To PC - Solutions For You
Brother printers are an excellent choice for large and high-quality printing needs. It is easy to set and access. However, Brother printer users occasionally face common to complex problems. Here in this article, we'll see how to fix one such Brother printer problem. Continue reading to learn more.
Struggling to connect your Brother printer to your PC? Don't worry! We've got the ultimate guide to help your /Brother Printer Not Connecting To PC/ problem and run in no time. We'll show you the common causes of this issue and how to avoid them in the future. Just follow our easy steps, and you'll be printing like a pro!
My Brother Printer Is Not Connecting To My Computer - WHY?
There are several reasons why your Brother printer might not be connecting to your PC. These include:

• Incompatibility issue.
  • Incorrect driver installation.
  • A faulty printer cable
  • The printer is med off or in sleep mode.
  • A defective USB port.
  • An unstable connection, etc.

It is best to check each of these possibilities to determine the exact cause of the issue and fix it. The rest of this article goes into detail about /Unable To Connect To Brother Printer/.
Resolved- Brother Printer Won't Connect To PC
Don't worry if you're new to Brother printers or troubleshooting them! We can help you connect your Brother printer to your computer in no time. Let's start with basic troubleshooting solutions and work up to the more advanced ones. Follow the steps below and verify that your printer connects to your PC after each one. If still your brother printer not connecting to PC, move on to the next solution to fix the problem.

#1 Check The Printer Status

• First, verify if your printer is on. If the power light or the light beside the power button is on, you can confirm that the printer is on.
  • Otherwise, press the power button to turn on the printer.
  • Next, verify if an error message or code is displayed on your printer screen or if the printer's control panel lights are blinking in a specific sequence.
  • If so, kindly clear or fix it, and then try to connect the printer to your computer.

#2 Check The Connectivity Status

• For wired connection: Verify if the USB cable is securely plugged. from your printer's USB port to the computer. If it isn't, unplug and reconnect the cable.
  • Additionally, if you're using an Ethernet connection, ensure that you have connected the Ethernet securely from your Brother printer to the network device.
  • Ensure that you use a recommended and undamaged cable for connection.
  • For wireless connections, ensure that you're using the recommended network type. Also, you have placed the network device beside or close to the printer.
  • Also, be sure not to connect the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer to your computer when using the Wi-Fi connection type.

#3 Check The Compatibility

• Verify if your PC meets the OS requirements of the printer. If not, update the printer driver and your computer's OS.
  • Check what version of Windows or Mac you have installed on your PC. In Windows, open the Windows Settings screen. Select the /About/ option to open the About Windows dialog box and find your computer's version.
  • On a Mac, click on the Apple logo and choose /About This Mac/.
  • If an update is available for your computer's OS, update it.
  • In Windows, open the Settings screen. Select Check for Updates or Update Now from the Windows Update menu.
  • On a Mac, open System Preferences. Click Software Update > Upgrade Now.
  • Similarly, reinstall the printer driver.
  • In Windows, open /Devices/. Select printers and scanners. Select
Be the first person to like this.